Thursday, June 11, 2009

The last cruise royal caribbean cruise for 2009 is about to set sail!

On June 13, Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas will set sail from Norfolk for it's last cruise. Next year, Royal Caribbean returns with the Enchantment of the Seas - it's a bigger ship, with more oceanview balcony cabins and was refurbished in 2005. They brag about having the very first (bungee) trampolines at sea, so you can't do that anywhere else. I honestly don't know how i feel about that.... to jump or not to jump while at sea. It should at minimum be a hoot to watch!!

Besides that, there are a number of other things that the Enchantment offers that are new (to us):
  • Bungee trampolines, serious fun for thrill-seekers
  • Massive suspension bridges spanning the expanded Pool Deck
  • Pools for swimming and one dedicated to sports
  • Splash fountain with 64 water jets controlled by a kid friendly touch-pad system
  • Latté-tudes,SM a specialty coffee house featuring Seattle's Best Coffee®
  • Glass-walled Viking Crown Lounge

By the way, my favorite place to be when we first set sail from the port on any Royal Caribbean cruise is in the Viking Lounge while sipping a dirty martini. Many people prefer being out on the deck, but for some reason, this really sets my vacation off on the right foot!

Please feel free to comment and share the place that you like to be on a cruise when it first sets sail....

3 comments:

  1. I would like to go to Royal Caribbean. Actually it's very close. I have a great deal with easy click travel and I hope next year I'll be finally in the Cruise of my dream. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for sharing the information. Family time is the most cherish time! And I am planning to have good time on cruise with my lovely family..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you have write all these stuff. Please do add some more about Dhow cruise Dubai

    ReplyDelete